The United States has among highest rates of unintended pregnancy in the developed world
For[edit | edit source]
- Politifact examined a stronger claim that "the U.S. has the highest unintended pregnancy rate of any Western industrialized country", concluding that the "U.S. and Canada lead industrialized, developed regions of world in rate of unintended pregnancy".
- They could not find "a breakdown of unintended pregnancy rates for individual Western industrialized nations, evidently because none exist. This gap leaves us with the Guttmacher institute’s conclusion that in 2008, Canada and the U.S., combined, had more unintended pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15-44 than every region except Asia (not including Japan), Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean. None of these regions with higher rates are commonly considered developed and industrialized."
See Also[edit | edit source]
Citations[edit | edit source]
- "U.S. and Canada lead industrialized, developed regions of world in rate of unintended pregnancy".
- "Unintended Pregnancy in the United States".
The unintended pregnancy rate is significantly higher in the United States than in many other developed countries.
- "Unintended Pregnancy: Worldwide Levels, Trends, and Outcomes" (PDF).