The global percent of people in poverty is falling
- The global percent of people in extreme poverty is falling
- Excluding China, extreme poverty is falling globally
- According to Our World in Data, poverty is falling globally at multiple low-income levels, not just the standard World Bank number of $1.90 international dollars per person per day. Using per-household income figures, "The share of the population in non-rich countries living with more than the equivalent of $10 per day went up from 9% in 1981, to 23% in 2013."
- According to the United Nations Development Programme, multidimensional poverty is also in decline, in addition to the standard income-based definition of poverty.
- Measuring poverty by income alone is flawed
- A large portion of extreme poverty's global reduction happened in China
- Most people in developed countries think that global poverty is not falling