There is a scientific consensus that human activities are the primary driver of climate change
For[edit | edit source]
- An article by the Guardian profiles climate consensus studies with the following conclusions
- "Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists."
- "The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming."
- According to the IPCC, "It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century" and "In this Summary for Policymakers, the following terms have been used to indicate the assessed likelihood of an outcome or a result: (...) extremely likely: 95–100%"
- According to a panel from the National Research Council, "there is a strong, credible body of evidence, based on multiple lines of research, documenting that climate is changing and that these changes are in large part caused by human activities. While much remains to be learned, the core phenomenon, scientific questions, and hypotheses have been examined thoroughly and have stood firm in the face of serious scientific debate and careful evaluation of alternative explanations." and "Some scientific conclusions or theories have been so thoroughly examined and tested, and supported by so many independent observations and results, that their likelihood of subsequently being found to be wrong is vanishingly small. Such conclusions and theories are then regarded as settled facts. This is the case for the conclusions that the Earth system is warming and that much of this warming is very likely due to human activities."
See Also[edit | edit source]
- There is a scientific consensus that climate change is occurring
- Current climate-warming trends are the result of human activity
- Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia
- What does past climate change tell us about global warming? (Skeptical Science)